James J. Palmeri Funeral Home was established in 1980
in the Village of Martins Creek, PA. It has served the residents of Northampton
County with dignity, professionalism, and class for many years.
James J. Palmeri is a graduate of Northampton Community
College with a degree in Mortuary Science. He graduated DeSales University
with a degree in Finance.
The home was originally built by the noted builder
Chauncey Howell and was later sold to Alpha Cement Company at the time
of Mr. Howell’s wife’s death. The Alpha Cement Company used
the home for It’s company superintendents. James and Bessie Palmeri,
the director’s parents, purchased the home in 1959 and it remained
a private residence until the opening of the funeral home in 1980. An
addition was added to accommodate the funeral home. Adjacent is one of
the largest parking lots of any funeral home in the area.